General Manager (Spanish Speaker)
This Barcelona-based client are currently on the search for their new General Manager (that will include the role of Sales Manager) for their Barcelona-HQ, family run business that is now operating worldwide, within numerous industries for almost 40 years where they have been developing, manufacturing, and marketing modular cutting systems and are well recognized as market leaders in their space offering the highest quality of Swiss goods + service. The Successful candidate for this position will have an experienced background in leading a team and running a business, and will be the go to person for all things related to the sales team.
Your responsibilities and impact working as a General Manager will be:
- You will direct and coordinate all activities of the organization / oversee all departments within the company.
- You will develop, implement, and enforce policies, goals and process in accordance with their HQ to optimize the organizations efficiency and maximize profits.
- You will be the go-to person for anything related to the Sales team.
- You will hold responsibility for P&L, marketing plans & the budget.
- You will be expected to direct promotion, marketing, and sales of the companies’ products + services to increase market share, develop new markets and obtain their competitive position they hold in the industry.
- You will represent the company on a professional level to their business partners, vendors, customers + stakeholders.
- Manage + oversee all departments within the organization.
- Make sure and positive work environment is maintained & the team spirit is align with the company culture.
- You will define a business develop long term plans + strategies such as define a business plan on how to explore new markets within Spain + Portugal.
Skills, Qualifications and Interests you need to succeed in this role:
- 7+ years in a leading managerial position (CEO/Director/General Manager)
- Have a real understanding of running a business.
- Fluent/Native Spanish + English.
- (Portuguese fluency is also a bonus)
- Experience within sales + services, preferably within the manufacturing industry.
- Capable of operating within a team + solving problems.
- Capable of having excellent communication between various departments.
- Fully eligible to work within the EU without sponsorship.
- You will have a keen interest in many areas of running a business from networking to dealing with P&L.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary + Bonus package.
- Office based in the heart of Barcelona.
- Being on board with a market leading organization.
Is this job role not the best fit for you? Feel free to check our other opportunities on our website or send us your CV to be considered for other projects or future opportunities.