Chief Technology Officer (English Speaker)
This client of mine is a very quick paced digital bootstrap business specializing in online advertising space who have been ranked as one of Europe’s fastest growing companies and have just opened their doors for a new CTO to join their team.
Your responsibilities and Impact as a Chief Technical Officer will be?
- You will lead a team of 10+ remote workers, part time & full-time employees: developers + sys-admin.
- You will define the tech strategy of the company, minimizing risks + maximizing business in a quick paced environment.
- You will cover all tech aspects including front end, back end and sys admin. New developments, redevelopments, infrastructure etc.
- You will report to the board of the company and you will constantly prioritize resources allocation depending on the business needs at that time.
- You will be responsible for the hiring the team as well and managing.
Skills, qualifications and interests you will need to be successful in this role?
- You will have a technical background with understanding of development. (Experience or education)
- You will have a strong business sense with an entrepreneurial mindset & capable of being a team player.
- You will be based in Barcelona and capable of going to the office 1-2 days per week.
- Capable of managing front end, back end & sys admin.
- This company works in English language only, so you will be required to have a fluent or native level.
- You will have 2-3 years previous experience managing a team.
- Capable of understanding if timings given by employee´s/developers is reasonable or not.
What’s in it for you?
- 45K per year as an employee, or, 60K to bill as a freelancer + incentive on turnover of approx. 20% extra.
- Flexible working. 2 days max in office per week.
- Opportunity to own shares of the company after 2 years.
Freelancers will also be considered for this position.